Saturday 3 March 2012

Doublet Dabbling

Today it was very rainy, so I decided to spend some time tweaking my 17th Century doublet. People in the know told me that the waist of the doublet needed lifting up, and a stiffened collar putting on it, so that's what I did! Compare the pictures and you'll see the differences. I used brown linen for the outer layer, lined with canvas, and stiffened with some dark green felt I had lying around. Eventually I'll stiffen the front and add another layer of lining. But lazy! XD




Not much else to tell today, except that we found a small bird's skeleton in the garden. I'm tempted to collect it and give the thing to my friend Liz who's a Biologist. She puts bones together with wire and things.

Oh, and I started crocheting a new tuque for my mate Ste the Viking boss man! :D

Luv! x

No comments:

Post a Comment