Wednesday 10 August 2011

Chasing trains and spat making



I've been making things this week, I made a canvas spat yesterday, just the one, and I bought a sewing machine today!
It looks good, and it fits well enough, but I need to trim it a bit and things. It's linen lined, with canvas outside, and some black shanked buttons on the lower part, the top ones are white (because i had six black buttons in the bag!) and they look...ok I think! Tonight I'll finish the second spat, and then i'll finally finally have spats that fit, my Victorian ones are too small. Boo!

My Dad and I went chasing trains on Sunday and yesterday, we went after two steam specials down the North Wales coast, and it was awesome! We haven't done anything like that for months and months and months, and it was grand! There was fish and chips, chasing steam engines, smoke, soot and noise and it was brilliant!

The first shot is my spat, the second is of a Stanier 8F we saw yesterday on our travels, it was loud and smoky and great! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment